Greek Pasta Salad
From EatingWell: July/August 2012
This quick, healthy Greek pasta salad recipe is tossed with all the elements of a Greek salad—plus chickpeas for added protein. This pasta salad holds well in the refrigerator or a cooler and tastes even better as the pasta absorbs the tomato-infused vinaigrette. Serve with pita chips.
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 8 ounces whole-wheat farfalle or similar-size pasta
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup quartered pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried
- Put a large pot of water on to boil.
- Combine tomatoes, garlic, oil and vinegar in a large bowl; let stand while you cook the pasta.
- Cook pasta in the boiling water until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain again.
- Add the pasta to the tomato mixture along with chickpeas, cucumber, feta, olives and oregano; gently toss to combine.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 480 calories; 19 g fat (5 g sat, 11 g mono); 17 mg cholesterol; 65 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 16 g protein; 9 g fiber; 535 mg sodium; 447 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (25% daily value), Magnesium (22% dv), Folate (21% dv), Zinc (20% dv), Iron (18% dv), Calcium (17% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 4 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- July/August 2012