Some how I am expected to get 16 servings (1/2 cup) from 2.75 cups of beans?????
Bobby Flay’s Honey-Rum Baked Black Beans
From EatingWell: May/June 2011
Chef Bobby Flay cooked these baked black beans, spiked with chorizo and rum, on one of his television shows, Throwdown! with Bobby Flay, to compete with a more-traditional batch of Carolina baked beans. We adore the results. If you bring them along to a summer party, reheat before serving or bring them in a crock-pot and plug it in when you get to the party. Recipe adapted from Bobby Flay’s Throwdown! by Bobby Flay with Stephanie Banyas and Miriam Garron (Clarkson Potter, 2010).
5 Reviews for Bobby Flay’s Honey-Rum Baked Black Beans
These have become the go-to baked beans in our house. Make sure to use Spanish Chorizo it will make this dish rock. Try it, I promise, you'll like it.
I don't usually go the "dry bean" route..but did this time. Unfortunately, I messed up with the rum (got spiced instead of dark) and the only chorizo I could find in the store was ground; it fell to pieces once heated). So, I ended up with almost 7 pounds of the worst smelling concoction ever. My friend is gonna give them a try and see how well she can do (now that she knows what NOT to buy)!! Sorry Bobby...I'll do better next time.
While these were a bit time-consuming to make, it was well worth the effort. I couldn't find chorizo so I used a spiced summer sausage. They turned out incredible and were the absolute hit of the picnic I brought them to!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)