By: Valerie Grant
Fantastic flavor. A few strongly-suggested changes:
- As other readers have mentioned, there's nowhere near enough sauce; the noodles were basically dry. Next time I will literally triple the sauce ingredients.
- I used white wine (no sugar added) instead of mirin.
- I used rice noodles, cooked 3 minutes in boiling water and then drained.
- After patting the scallops dry I dredged them in a bit of flour, then cooked them in a mix of oil and butter, to get good browning on them.
- Per another reader's suggestion, I separately sautéed a chopped head of bok choy and added it to the noodles and sauce.