By: Lisa H.
Thanks for the tips from previous reviewers! With some tweaks, this is a yummy soup. Here are my changes:
1) Used 8 oz of bread for the croutons, and sprayed them with my olive spritzer instead of tossing them with oil.
2) Increased the oil to saute the onions to 1 T
3) Sauteed 1 oz pancetta in the pan before adding the onion.
4) Bought two smallish heads of orange cauliflower, took the base and leafy greens off, halved them, and grated them in the food processor. This was fast and made them much easier to blend later. I ended up with about 1 lb 14 oz of cauliflower, and the soup was not thin at all.
5) Used 4 oz of smoked gouda, and per the previous reviewer's instructions, diced it and let it melt in the soup while it was on low heat for 5min.
6) For a quarter (1/2 tsp) of the smoked paprika, I used hot smoked paprika.
7) Added a bit more salt at the end.
With these adjustments the soup (without the croutons) came out at 292 cals or so. Two cups is a lot of soup - I'd be tempted to make this into 6-8 servings and either use more croutons, more cream, and/or more cheese, or even not add more of those things and just have a smaller serving.