By: EatingWell User
Yummy! And easy!
I made this recipe last night for my husband, who loves salmon cakes. I've made another recipe before from fresh salmon, but it took forever and they weren't that good. These took me longer than 35 mins, but they were really easy and delicious! I was skeptical of the cilantro pesto, but it was delicious! I highly recommend this recipe.
* I added sauteed, finely chopped onions to the cakes. I add onion to pretty much everything and it added a nice crunch to the cakes.
* I added salt and pepper to the cakes to our taste.
* I doubled the recipe which was good, so we got lunch out of it too. Made 11 good sized cakes.
* I used walnuts instead of almonds for the pesto (it was delicious!) I also added lime juice as I felt it needed the acid. And I used a ton of garlic. I think I also had to add water as mine was too thick, but I didn't really measure my ingredients.
* I did not need egg to bind the cakes, they were fine with just the mayo.
We will definitely be making these again!
Pros: Pretty fast, healthy