SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Smoky Ham & Corn Salad
Fresh corn, diced deli ham and crunchy croutons are tossed with a smoky, creamy dressing in this light summer salad. Serve with a crisp glass of rosé and sliced melon.
4 servings, about 2 cups each
Active Time: 15 minutes |
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika, preferably smoked (see Shopping Tip)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups trimmed frisée, (about 1 large head) or 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels, (from 1 large ear; see Tip)
- 1 cup croutons, preferably whole-grain
- 3/4 cup diced ham, (about 4 ounces)
- Whisk sour cream, vinegar, paprika and salt in a large bowl. Add frisée (or salad greens), tomato, corn, croutons and ham; toss to coat.
Per serving :
7 g Fat;
2 g Sat;
2 g Mono;
23 mg Cholesterol;
20 g Carbohydrates;
13 g Protein;
6 g Fiber;
679 mg Sodium;
707 mg Potassium
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1 fat
Tips & Notes
Shopping Tip: Smoked paprika is a spice made from ground smoke-dried red peppers. It's available in some large supermarkets with other spices and at tienda.com.
Tip: To remove corn from the cob, stand an uncooked ear of corn on its stem end in a shallow bowl and slice the kernels off with a sharp, thin-bladed knife.