Salmon Salad Bento Lunch
Watercress acts as a tasty divider between the salmon salad and crackers. Multicolored peppers and grapes add color to this bento and boost your daily servings of fruits and veggies.
Active Time: 15 minutes |
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup boneless, skinless canned salmon, flaked (2 1/2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 kalamata olives, pitted and diced
- 1 teaspoon minced red onion, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon rinsed and chopped capers
- 1/2 cup watercress, tough stems removed
- 1 ounce small whole-grain crackers, (about 16)
- 1 cup mixed vegetables, such as bell peppers and carrots, cut into sticks
- 1 cup mixed grapes
- Combine salmon, oil, lemon juice, olives, red onion, parsley and capers in a small bowl.
- Pack the salmon salad, watercress and crackers in one medium container.
- Fill another medium container with vegetables and grapes.
Per serving :
27 g Fat;
4 g Sat;
14 g Mono;
45 mg Cholesterol;
58 g Carbohydrates;
19 g Protein;
7 g Fiber;
695 mg Sodium;
762 mg Potassium
3 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 1/2 fruit, 2 vegetable, 2 lean meat, 3 fat
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the salad (Step 1) for up to 2 days.