Fresh chiles and lime juice give this herb-almond pesto a pleasant kick. Serve with baked tortilla chips or use to top burgers or fish.
Active Time: 10 minutes |
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups lightly packed fresh cilantro, or parsley
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted (see Tip)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine cilantro (or parsley), almonds, jalapeño, garlic and salt in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Add oil, yogurt, lime juice and pepper; process until the mixture forms a paste.
Per tablespoon :
4 g Fat;
0 g Sat;
3 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
1 g Carbohydrates;
1 g Protein;
0 g Fiber;
31 mg Sodium;
42 mg Potassium
Exchanges: 1 fat
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface to prevent discoloration.
Tip: To toast chopped nuts: Place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.