Crushed Red Potatoes
The combination of reduced-fat sour cream and olive oil might seem unusual but it yields a delicious taste and texture in these crushed potatoes.
8 servings, 1 cup each
Active Time: 15 minutes |
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed and halved or quartered if large
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sour cream, shallots, parsley, milk, oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stir until smooth and set aside.
- Drain the potatoes and crush"but do not completely mash"potatoes with a potato masher or the back of a large spoon. Stir in the sour-cream mixture. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
Per serving :
4 g Fat;
1 g Sat;
2 g Mono;
6 mg Cholesterol;
20 g Carbohydrates;
3 g Protein;
2 g Fiber;
54 mg Sodium;
562 mg Potassium
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat