SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Crunchy amaretti cookies top this plum gratin.
Active Time: 20 minutes |
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 pound ripe red or purple plums (6-8 plums), pitted and cut into eighths
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur, (optional)
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup nonfat sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 amaretti cookies or 2 gingersnaps, crushed
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat four 1- to 1 1/2-cup gratin dishes or a shallow 1-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Toss plums with sugar and amaretto, if using, in a medium bowl. Spread evenly in prepared dish(es). Bake, uncovered, until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk egg yolk, yogurt, condensed milk and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth. Cover and set aside in the refrigerator until needed.
- Shortly before serving, preheat broiler. Spoon the yogurt mixture over plums. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat until golden and bubbly, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Serve hot or warm.
Per serving :
3 g Fat;
0 g Sat;
1 g Mono;
55 mg Cholesterol;
44 g Carbohydrates;
6 g Protein;
3 g Fiber;
64 mg Sodium;
430 mg Potassium
3 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 2 other carbohydrate
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The plums (though Step 2) will keep, loosely covered, at room temperature for up to 2 hours.