SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Toasted Hazelnut Frozen Yogurt
Toasted hazelnuts and hazelnut liqueur jazz up plain frozen yogurt in this quick dessert.
4 servings, 1/2 cup each
Active Time: 15 minutes |
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut liqueur
- 1 pint nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt,softened
- 4 tablespoons chocolate syrup, (optional)
- Grind nuts and brown sugar in a mini food processor or blender, scraping down sides as necessary, until mixture forms a thick paste. Place in a mixing bowl and stir in liqueur.
- Add frozen yogurt to the bowl. Use a potato masher to mix in the nut paste. Cover and freeze for 15 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Scoop frozen yogurt into 4 serving dishes and top with chocolate syrup, if desired. Serve immediately.
Per serving :
6 g Fat;
1 g Sat;
4 g Mono;
2 mg Cholesterol;
27 g Carbohydrates;
6 g Protein;
1 g Fiber;
66 mg Sodium;
292 mg Potassium
2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
Tips & Notes
Tip: To toast chopped nuts: Place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.