Roasted Red Pepper Spread
Spread this roasted red pepper mayonnaise on grilled chicken or grilled pork sandwiches. It is also quite good on grilled zucchini.
Active Time: 10 minutes |
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 roasted red pepper, (see Tip)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Blot dry the roasted red pepper. Chop to a paste and stir into mayonnaise. Mash garlic to a paste and add to the mayonnaise along with scallions, tomato paste, lemon juice and cumin.
Per tablespoon :
2 g Fat;
1 g Sat;
0 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
3 g Carbohydrates;
0 g Protein;
0 g Fiber;
131 mg Sodium;
35 mg Potassium
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable
Tips & Notes
Tip: To oven-roast bell peppers:
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Place a wire rack on a large baking sheet. Arrange whole bell peppers on the rack.
2. Roast peppers in the center of the oven, turning occasionally with tongs, until blackened in places, 30 to 40 minutes.
3. Transfer the peppers to a large bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let steam for 10 minutes. Uncover and let cool.
4. With a paring knife, remove stems, skins and seeds. If serving as antipasto, combine accumulated juices with peppers.