SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
EatingWell for a Healthy Heart Cookbook (2008)
Beat the winter blues with a taste of the tropics; this papaya smoothie has an added buttermilk tang.
2 servings, 1 1/4 cups each
Active Time: 10 minutes |
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 papaya, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped (1 1/4 cups)
- 3/4 cup bottled fruit nectar, such as papaya, mango or peach
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, (see Tip)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar, preferably superfine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 5 ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients in a blender; cover and blend until very smooth and frothy. Pour into 2 tall glasses and serve.
Per serving :
1 g Fat;
0 g Sat;
0 g Mono;
2 mg Cholesterol;
42 g Carbohydrates;
3 g Protein;
2 g Fiber;
74 mg Sodium;
365 mg Potassium
3 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 carbohydrate (other)
Tips & Notes
Tip: No buttermilk? You can use buttermilk powder prepared according to package directions. Or make “sour milk”: the ratio is 1 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar to 1 cup milk.