SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Glazed Plum Tarts
These quick plum tarts are the perfect weeknight dessert. You can substitute your favorite fruits year-round.
Active Time: 20 minutes |
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 6 plums, cut in half, pitted and thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 pieces very thinly sliced white bread, such as Pepperidge Farm, cut into 4-inch rounds
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- Place rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Combine plums, sugar and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the plums are tender and the juices have thickened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place bread rounds on a baking sheet and brush with melted butter. Spoon the plum mixture over each bread round, so that all the bread is covered.
- Bake the tarts until the bread is crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Serve topped with a dollop of yogurt.
Per serving :
5 g Fat;
2 g Sat;
1 g Mono;
8 mg Cholesterol;
39 g Carbohydrates;
3 g Protein;
1 g Fiber;
145 mg Sodium;
190 mg Potassium
2 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 starch, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat