SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Instead of cantaloupe, you may also use Persian, Crenshaw or casaba melon in this refreshing ginger-infused soup.
6 servings, scant 1 cup each
Active Time: 10 minutes |
Total Time: 1 1/4 hours
- 1 large ripe cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cut into cubes (4 1/2 cups)
- 4 tablespoons slivered crystallized ginger, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place cantaloupe, 3 tablespoons ginger, orange zest and honey in a food processor or blender and puree. Add yogurt and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the orange and lemon juices. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour. Garnish each portion with some of the remaining ginger.
Per serving :
1 g Fat;
0 g Sat;
0 g Mono;
2 mg Cholesterol;
25 g Carbohydrates;
3 g Protein;
1 g Fiber;
51 mg Sodium;
476 mg Potassium
1 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.