SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Draining yogurt yields a pudding-like texture. Stirring in a lemon-infused blueberry compote adds tons of flavor—and antioxidants.
Active Time: 15 minutes |
Total Time: 1 hour
- 3 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Set a fine-mesh stainless-steel sieve over a bowl. Spoon in yogurt and let drain in the refrigerator until reduced to 1 cup, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine blueberries, lemon zest, lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan. Stir over medium heat until the berries just begin to break down, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, add the drained yogurt to the cooled berries and stir to combine.
Per serving :
3 g Fat;
2 g Sat;
1 g Mono;
9 mg Cholesterol;
43 g Carbohydrates;
10 g Protein;
2 g Fiber;
122 mg Sodium;
475 mg Potassium
3 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 2 low-fat milk