SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Leftover gingerbread gets a second life in these bread pudding-like desserts.
Active Time: 20 minutes |
Total Time: 1 1/4 hours
- 3 cups cubed leftover gingerbread, (1/4 recipe Old-Fashioned Gingerbread, recipe follows)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger, plus 2 tablespoons julienned crystallized ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Put a kettle of water on to heat for a water bath.
- Spread gingerbread cubes on prepared baking sheet and bake until toasted, 25 to 30 minutes. Divide among six 6-ounce (3/4-cup) ramekins. Sprinkle with chopped crystallized ginger.
- Whisk eggs and sugar in a large bowl until blended. Whisk in milk and vanilla. Divide mixture among prepared ramekins and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Place ramekins in a shallow roasting pan and pour in enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake until puddings are set, 40 to 50 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Before serving, dust puddings with confectioners’ sugar and garnish with julienned crystallized ginger. Serve warm or chilled.
Per serving :
5 g Fat;
1 g Sat;
2 g Mono;
85 mg Cholesterol;
46 g Carbohydrates;
7 g Protein;
1 g Fiber;
237 mg Sodium;
257 mg Potassium
3 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Equipment: six 6-ounce (3/4-cup) ramekins