SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Chicken broth adds a savory touch and reduced-fat sour cream adds richness without lots of fat.
6 servings, about 3/4 cup each
Active Time: 30 minutes |
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 pounds baking potatoes, (about 8 potatoes), peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, heated
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place potatoes in a large heavy pot and cover with cold salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, until tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the pot. Off the heat, mash potatoes, adding enough hot broth to make a smooth puree. Stir in sour cream and season with salt and pepper.
Per serving :
1 g Fat;
0 g Sat;
0 g Mono;
2 mg Cholesterol;
40 g Carbohydrates;
5 g Protein;
3 g Fiber;
62 mg Sodium;
957 mg Potassium
2 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Keep the potatoes warm, covered with wax paper, over a pan of barely simmering water for up to 1 hour.