SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Parmesan and freshly ground pepper unite in these crisp wafers. Make a couple of batches to serve at your next cocktail party.
About 15 wafers
Active Time: 20 minutes |
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, or canola oil
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, or chives
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper or coat them with cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Whisk egg whites and oil in a mixing bowl. Add flour mixture and whisk until smooth. Stir in cheese and parsley (or chives).
- Drop batter by scant tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets, making 4 wafers per sheet. Spread batter into 4- to 4-1/2-inch circles with a metal spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Bake wafers, 1 sheet at a time, until entire surface is golden and firm, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
Per wafer :
2 g Fat;
1 g Sat;
2 g Mono;
2 mg Cholesterol;
3 g Carbohydrates;
2 g Protein;
0 g Fiber;
158 mg Sodium;
23 mg Potassium
Exchanges: 1/2 fat
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.