SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Glazed Rutabagas & Potatoes
Roasted earthy rutabagas and potatoes are simply glazed in this delicious holiday side dish.
Active Time: 20 minutes |
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
- 2 1/2 pounds boiling potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (6 cups)
- 2 pounds rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place rack in lower third of oven. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss together potatoes, rutabagas and oil in a large bowl. Spread out on a large baking sheet. Cover with foil and roast until just tender, about 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with sugar, salt and pepper; toss gently to coat. Return to the oven and roast, uncovered, until golden brown and glazed, about 25 minutes longer.
Per serving :
4 g Fat;
0 g Sat;
2 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
38 g Carbohydrates;
4 g Protein;
5 g Fiber;
312 mg Sodium;
948 mg Potassium
2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat