SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
A great use for leftover tomato paste. Grilled bread topped with this tangy mixture is a great accompaniment to a steaming bowl of soup.
Active Time: 20 minutes |
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 1-pound loaf Italian, or French bread
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat grill. Cut bread in half lengthwise, then cut each piece in half.
- Combine parsley, oil, yogurt, tomato paste, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Toast the bread on the grill, cut-side down. Spread with the tomato-garlic mixture and serve warm.
Per serving :
4 g Fat;
0 g Sat;
3 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
30 g Carbohydrates;
8 g Protein;
5 g Fiber;
334 mg Sodium;
13 mg Potassium
1 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat