SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Crab Salad in Pita Pockets
EatingWell Serves Two
A fresh, lively dressing of ginger, jalapeño and lime juice replaces mayonnaise in this luxurious crab salad sandwich.
Active Time: 20 minutes |
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, or canola oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 12 ounces lump crabmeat, squeezed dry
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery heart with leaves
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 teaspoons minced jalepeño pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 2 8-inch whole-wheat pita breads, cut in half crosswise
- Whisk together vinegar, oil and lime juice in a medium bowl. Add crabmeat, celery, onion, jalapeño and ginger; toss well. Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble sandwiches, line pita halves with lettuce and fill with crab salad.
Per serving :
7 g Fat;
1 g Sat;
4 g Mono;
60 mg Cholesterol;
25 g Carbohydrates;
23 g Protein;
5 g Fiber;
582 mg Sodium;
98 mg Potassium
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 2 lean meat
Tips & Notes
Ingredient note: Crabmeat can be purchased in handy, 3.5-ounce, shelf-stable pouches—usually found in the same section as canned tuna. Each pouch is one serving.