SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Tuscan White Bean Spread
Peppery greens and garlic enliven a creamy white bean puree; serve with crostini or breadsticks, strips of red bell pepper and black and green olives.
About 1 1/2 cups
Active Time: 10 minutes |
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 16-ounce can white beans, such as Great Northern or cannellini, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped arugula, or watercress
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine beans, oil, thyme, lemon juice and garlic in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer the bean puree to a small bowl. Stir in arugula or watercress. Season with salt and pepper.
Per tablespoon :
1 g Fat;
0 g Sat;
1 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
2 g Carbohydrates;
1 g Protein;
1 g Fiber;
44 mg Sodium;
41 mg Potassium
Exchanges: Free Food