SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Capers, olives and anchovy add rich flavor to this traditional Italian pasta dish. Make it a meal: Serve with chopped romaine salad.
Active Time: 30 minutes |
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 large vine-ripened tomatoes, cored and coarsely chopped, or one 28-ounce can plum tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped (3 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 16 large black olives, (packed in brine), pitted and chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers, finely chopped
- 4 anchovy fillets, rinsed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound whole-wheat vermicelli, or spaghettini
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano, or Parmesan cheese
- Combine tomatoes, parsley, olives, capers, anchovies, oil, garlic and pepper in a large pasta serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the bowl with the sauce. Toss well to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings. Sprinkle with cheese and serve immediately.
Per serving :
9 g Fat;
2 g Sat;
4 g Mono;
6 mg Cholesterol;
63 g Carbohydrates;
14 g Protein;
11 g Fiber;
346 mg Sodium;
486 mg Potassium
3 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 3 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat