Pickled Beet Salad
Tangy horseradish and dill dress pickled beets in this simple, colorful side dish. Make it a meal: Serve alongside Smorgastarta.
Active Time: 15 minutes |
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 1-pound jars sliced pickled beets
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, or parsley
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Drain pickled beets, reserving 1/4 cup of the juice. Toss onions with the reserved pickled beet juice in a medium bowl and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut beet slices in half. Add to the onions along with horseradish, sour cream and dill (or parsley). Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
Per serving :
1 g Fat;
0 g Sat;
0 g Mono;
2 mg Cholesterol;
26 g Carbohydrates;
3 g Protein;
3 g Fiber;
163 mg Sodium;
418 mg Potassium
2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 vegetable