A simple vinaigrette of tea, balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard is tasty paired with radicchio and pine nuts.
Active Time: 15 minutes |
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon strong brewed tea, such as Earl Grey or orange pekoe
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 cups (2 heads) washed, dried and torn radicchio
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped pine nuts, or walnuts, toasted (see Tip)
- Whisk together tea, vinegar, oil, mustard, salt and pepper in a salad bowl. Add radicchio and toss well. Sprinkle with pine nuts (or walnuts).
Per serving :
5 g Fat;
1 g Sat;
3 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
4 g Carbohydrates;
1 g Protein;
1 g Fiber;
103 mg Sodium;
210 mg Potassium
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
Tips & Notes
Tip: To toast chopped pine nuts or walnuts: Place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.