SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Chickpea & Red Onion Salad
Slivered red onions, canned chickpeas and capers combine in a delightful Mediterranean-inspired salad. Make it a meal: Delightful served alongside grilled chicken thighs or shrimp kebobs.
4 servings, generous 1/2 cup each
Active Time: 15 minutes |
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup slivered red onion
- 1 19-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Red leaf lettuce leaves
- Place onion in a medium bowl, cover with cold water and let soak for 10 minutes. Drain well and place in a salad bowl.
- Add chickpeas, parsley, lemon juice, oil and capers; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Serve on lettuce leaves.
Per serving :
5 g Fat;
1 g Sat;
3 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
33 g Carbohydrates;
7 g Protein;
6 g Fiber;
361 mg Sodium;
298 mg Potassium
2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat