SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Salad of Bitter Greens & Walnuts
Toasted chopped walnuts are echoed in the walnut oil vinaigrette used to dress this salad of bitter greens.
Active Time: 20 minutes |
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar, or white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil, or extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 16 cups washed, dried and torn mixed salad greens, such as escarole, chicory and/or radicchio
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (see Tip)
- Whisk together broth, vinegar, oil, shallots, mustard, salt and pepper in a large salad bowl. Add greens and toss thoroughly. Sprinkle with walnuts and additional pepper to taste.
Per serving :
6 g Fat;
1 g Sat;
1 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
4 g Carbohydrates;
3 g Protein;
3 g Fiber;
85 mg Sodium;
373 mg Potassium
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
Tips & Notes
Tip: To toast chopped walnuts: Place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.