SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Greek Revival Salad
This attractive, full-bodied dish celebrates the Greek flavors of feta, black olives and plenty of oregano.
Active Time: 20 minutes |
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium head romaine, trimmed, washed and torn into bite-sized pieces (6 cups)
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, sliced and quartered, or 2 larger tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 black olives, such as Kalamata, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese, (1 ounce)
- Chop garlic coarsely. Sprinkle with salt and mash with the side of the knife blade. Place the garlic mixture in a small bowl; whisk in tomato juice, lemon juice, oil, oregano and pepper.
- Toss lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes and red onion with the dressing. Scatter olives and feta cheese over the top and serve.
Per serving :
7 g Fat;
2 g Sat;
4 g Mono;
3 mg Cholesterol;
10 g Carbohydrates;
4 g Protein;
4 g Fiber;
541 mg Sodium;
497 mg Potassium
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat