Potato Salad in Radicchio Cups
With a store-bought or leftover roasted chicken, this hearty curried chicken salad is ready in a snap.
2 dozen appetizers
Active Time: 45 minutes |
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 8 ounces Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 5 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup chopped skinless roasted chicken
- 1/3 cup diced peeled tart green apple
- 3 tablespoons diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons diced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped golden raisins
- 24 small radicchio, Boston lettuce or endive leaves
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Add potatoes; cook until just tender, 7 to 9 minutes. Drain and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until smooth. Stir in chicken, apple, onion, bell pepper, celery, raisins and the cooled potatoes.
- Place about 2 tablespoons potato salad in each radicchio (or lettuce or endive) leaf.
Per appetizer :
1 g Fat;
0 g Sat;
0 g Mono;
5 mg Cholesterol;
4 g Carbohydrates;
2 g Protein;
0 g Fiber;
84 mg Sodium;
63 mg Potassium
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat (for 2 appetizers)
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 2, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.