SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
The flavors of picadillo—a dish found all over Latin America—turn meatloaf into something more than the usual. Make it a meal: Accompany with cornbread and hot green beans splashed with vinegar.
Active Time: 20 minutes |
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 8 ounces lean ground beef, preferably ground round
- 8 ounces ground turkey breast
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup medium-hot taco sauce, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Spread oats in a shallow pan and bake until lightly toasted, 4 to 7 minutes. Let cool.
- Combine the toasted oats, ground beef, ground turkey, onion, bell pepper, garlic, egg, olives, raisins, salt, coriander, cinnamon, pepper and 1/4 cup taco sauce in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. With dampened hands, form into a 7-by-4-inch loaf. Drizzle with remaining 3/4 cup taco sauce.
- Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of loaf registers 165°F, 45 to 55 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter.
Per serving :
4 g Fat;
1 g Sat;
1 g Mono;
70 mg Cholesterol;
15 g Carbohydrates;
20 g Protein;
2 g Fiber;
661 mg Sodium;
137 mg Potassium
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 lean meat