SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
This versatile pesto can be tossed with pasta for a quick supper or spread on crostini for a sophisticated appetizer.
About 1 1/3 cups
Active Time: 10 minutes |
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, (see Tip)
- 2 slices crustless white bread
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup cooked spinach, (from 8 ounces frozen)
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place walnuts, bread and garlic in a food processor or blender; blend until smooth. Blend in spinach, yogurt, Parmesan and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Per tablespoon :
2 g Fat;
1 g Sat;
1 g Mono;
2 mg Cholesterol;
2 g Carbohydrates;
2 g Protein;
0 g Fiber;
67 mg Sodium;
25 mg Potassium
Exchanges: 1/2 fat
Tips & Notes
Tip: To toast walnuts: Spread nuts on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F, stirring once, until fragrant, 7 to 9 minutes.