SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Fast & Fresh Strawberry Jam
This quick and easy jam will surely become a summer staple when plump strawberries are in season.
Active Time: 15 minutes |
Total Time: 25 minutes (plus setting time)
- 2 pints ripe strawberries, hulled
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1 3/4-ounce package powdered pectin
- Crush berries in a large bowl with a potato masher. Stir in sugar and lemon juice. Let stand until very juicy, about 10 minutes.
- Combine water and pectin in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil, stirring, for 1 minute. Very gradually stir into strawberry mixture. Stir for 3 minutes, dissolving any lumps.
- Spoon jam into five 8-ounce sterilized jelly jars, leaving 1/2 inch of headspace. Wipe rims clean, place lids on jars and screw bands on firmly. Let stand until set, not more than 24 hours.
Per tablespoon :
0 g Fat;
0 g Sat;
0 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
5 g Carbohydrates;
0 g Protein;
0 g Fiber;
1 mg Sodium;
12 mg Potassium
Exchanges: Free Food
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The jam will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months