White Bean Spread with Sage
Though this makes a good dip for veggies or pita crisps, you can also spread it in a pita with leftover roasted vegetables for a packable lunch.
About 1 1/2 cups
Active Time: 10 minutes |
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 15- or 19-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- Mash garlic with salt with the side of a chef’s knife.
- Transfer mashed garlic to a food processor. Add beans, oil, lemon juice, cayenne and black pepper; puree until smooth. Scrape into a bowl and stir in sage.
Per tablespoon :
1 g Fat;
0 g Sat;
1 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
2 g Carbohydrates;
1 g Protein;
1 g Fiber;
80 mg Sodium;
40 mg Potassium
Exchanges: (based on 2 tablespoons): 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 6 months.