SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Crunchy jícama and carrots combine with a zesty dressing for a terrific summer side dish. It can be made ahead—perfect for summer potlucks.
4 servings, 3/4 cup each
Active Time: 15 minutes |
Total Time: 1 1/4 hours (includes 1 hour chilling time)
- 1 pound jícama, peeled and shredded
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine jícama, carrot, lime juice, mayonnaise, cilantro, cumin and hot sauce in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Per serving :
1 g Fat;
0 g Sat;
0 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
14 g Carbohydrates;
1 g Protein;
6 g Fiber;
160 mg Sodium;
243 mg Potassium
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 vegetable
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.