SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
EatingWell for a Healthy Heart Cookbook (2008),
The Essential EatingWell Cookbook (2004)
This bright and easy breakfast packs two servings of fruit plus soy protein and fiber.
3 servings, 1 cup each
Active Time: 5 minutes |
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups orange juice
- 1 ripe medium banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, blackberries or raspberries
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 2 ice cubes, crushed (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon sugar, (optional)
- Combine orange juice, banana, berries, tofu and crushed ice in a blender; cover and blend until smooth and frothy. Sweeten with sugar, if desired. Serve immediately.
Per serving :
2 g Fat;
0 g Sat;
0 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
27 g Carbohydrates;
4 g Protein;
3 g Fiber;
19 mg Sodium;
376 mg Potassium
2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fruit, 1/2 lean meat
Tips & Notes
Tip: An easy way to crush ice is to place cubes in a heavy-duty plastic bag and break them with a rolling pin.