SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Really Low-Fat Garlic Bread
Quick and garlicky, this bread will soon become a staple on pasta night.
Active Time: 15 minutes |
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 large cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 baguette, cut in half lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place garlic in a small saucepan with enough cold water to cover and bring to a simmer over low heat. Cook 3 minutes and drain.
- Mash the cooked garlic, oil and salt in a small bowl with the back of a spoon until a smooth paste forms. Spread the mixture over the cut surfaces of the bread.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet and bake until the bread begins to brown around the edges, 4 to 6 minutes. Slice and serve.
Per serving :
2 g Fat;
0 g Sat;
1 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
22 g Carbohydrates;
6 g Protein;
4 g Fiber;
338 mg Sodium;
12 mg Potassium
1 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat