SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Fennel, Watercress & Red Onion Salad
A citrusy dressing unites the distinctive flavors in this very pretty salad.
Active Time: 15 minutes |
Total Time: 15 minutes
- Grated zest of 1 orange, (1 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, preferably kosher
- Pinch of ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small fennel bulb, white part only, quartered, cored and very thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 1 bunch watercress, washed and trimmed to leave about 3 inches of stem (3 cups)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- Combine orange zest and juice, lime juice, shallot, salt and white pepper in a small bowl; whisk in oil.
- Put fennel, watercress and onion in a serving bowl, add the dressing and toss well.
Per serving :
7 g Fat;
1 g Sat;
5 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
9 g Carbohydrates;
2 g Protein;
2 g Fiber;
182 mg Sodium;
391 mg Potassium
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat