SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Corn & Pepper Chowder
Cooked chicken or seafood would be a nice addition to this soup. For an even richer flavor, sauté the corn first in a teaspoon of oil until lightly browned.
3 servings, 1 1/3 cups each
Active Time: 15 minutes |
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup canned or frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 10-ounce can condensed cream of celery soup, preferably reduced-fat
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Stir chili powder, cumin and garlic in a dry, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add corn and peppers and toss to coat.
- Add soup and milk; stir until heated through. Stir in scallions and season with salt and pepper.
Per serving :
3 g Fat;
1 g Sat;
0 g Mono;
6 mg Cholesterol;
20 g Carbohydrates;
6 g Protein;
2 g Fiber;
764 mg Sodium;
324 mg Potassium
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 reduced-fat milk