SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Cool Zucchini Slaw
The Essential EatingWell Cookbook (2004)
Summertime—and zucchini is taking over your garden. Turn the bounty into a crisp, colorful salad.
Active Time: 15 minutes |
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, (3 medium), grated
- 1 medium sweet onion, such as Vidalia or Walla Walla, very thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons frozen apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place zucchini and onion in a colander set over a bowl. Add salt and toss to coat. Let drain at room temperature for 30 minutes. Rinse vegetables and squeeze to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Transfer vegetables to a medium bowl. Add bell pepper, vinegar, apple juice concentrate and basil; toss well. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Per serving :
0 g Fat;
0 g Sat;
0 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
6 g Carbohydrates;
2 g Protein;
2 g Fiber;
542 mg Sodium;
360 mg Potassium
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 vegetable