SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
The EatingWell Diabetes Cookbook (2005)
Fish cookery doesn’t get any easier than this. Look for the freshest fish you can find—just about any firm, mild white fish will be a fine foil for this spicy tomato sauce.
Active Time: 10 minutes |
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 1/4 pounds halibut, striped bass or tilapia fillet, cut into 4 portions
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives with pimientos
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange fish on baking sheet. Season with 1/2 teaspoon cumin, salt and pepper.
- Combine tomatoes, olives, cilantro, oil and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin in a small bowl. Spoon over the fish.
- Bake the fish until flaky and opaque in the center, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Per serving :
7 g Fat;
1 g Sat;
4 g Mono;
45 mg Cholesterol;
4 g Carbohydrates;
30 g Protein;
1 g Fiber;
758 mg Sodium;
638 mg Potassium
Exchanges: 4 very lean meat, 1 fat (mono)