SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Lamb & Bulgur Loaf
Bulgur and lamb are flavored with mint and cumin in a Middle Eastern twist on meatloaf.
Active Time: 20 minutes |
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
- 1/2 cup bulgur
- 8 ounces ground lamb
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups Tart Tomato Sauce, (recipe follows), heated
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly oil an 8-inch-square baking pan or coat it with nonstick spray.
- Place bulgur in a large bowl and cover with warm water. Let soak for 30 minutes. Drain and return to bowl. Add lamb, onion, egg, garlic, mint, salt, cumin and pepper; mix well.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan. With dampened hands, form into a 7-by-4-inch loaf. Spread with 2 tablespoons Tart Tomato Sauce.
- Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of loaf registers 160°F, about 45 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter. Serve with remaining sauce.
Per serving :
9 g Fat;
3 g Sat;
4 g Mono;
72 mg Cholesterol;
19 g Carbohydrates;
14 g Protein;
5 g Fiber;
431 mg Sodium;
475 mg Potassium
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 1/2 medium-fat meat