SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Orecchiette alla Carrettiera (“Wagon-Driver Style”)
Orecchiette is a traditional ear-shaped pasta. This raw sauce is perfect for hot summer nights.
2 servings, about 2 cups each
Active Time: 25 minutes |
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 6-8 ounces orecchiette, or spaghetti
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 very ripe plum tomatoes, (12 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Cook orecchiette (or spaghetti) in boiling salted water until al dente, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Rub the pasta-serving bowl with one half of a garlic clove.
- Coarsely chop tomatoes and remaining garlic on a cutting board. Transfer to the serving bowl. Add salt, basil, oregano and pepper. Drizzle with oil. Toss well.
- Drain pasta and add to tomatoes. Toss well. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Per serving :
12 g Fat;
2 g Sat;
8 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
72 g Carbohydrates;
14 g Protein;
13 g Fiber;
597 mg Sodium;
624 mg Potassium
4 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 4 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 fat