SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Fresh Mint & Chile Sauce
The Essential EatingWell Cookbook (2004)
This spicy bright green sauce, a traditional Indian condiment, is superb on grilled chicken, lamb or salmon, with basmati rice.
About 1/2 cup
Active Time: 10 minutes |
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 small serrano chile, or jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 cups packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar, or to taste
- Place sugar and salt in a blender or mini food processor. With the motor running, drop ginger, chile and garlic through the feed tube and process until minced.
- Add mint and vinegar and pulse until finely chopped, stopping to scrape down sides of workbowl as needed. Transfer to a small serving bowl. Serve within 30 minutes.
Per tablespoon :
0 g Fat;
0 g Sat;
0 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
3 g Carbohydrates;
1 g Protein;
2 g Fiber;
153 mg Sodium;
111 mg Potassium
Exchanges: Free Food