SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
The Essential EatingWell Cookbook (2004)
The relish is at its best served shortly after it is prepared.
4 servings, about 1/3 cup each
Active Time: 10 minutes |
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, such as sambal olek or
- 1 firm papaya, peeled, seeded and diced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- With the side of a chef’s knife, mash garlic with salt. Transfer to a small bowl and whisk in vinegar, sugar and hot sauce. Add papaya, onion and cilantro; toss gently to mix.
Per serving :
0 g Fat;
0 g Sat;
0 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
10 g Carbohydrates;
1 g Protein;
1 g Fiber;
314 mg Sodium;
190 mg Potassium
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable
Tips & Notes
Note: Sambal olek, a mix of chiles, brown sugar and salt, can be found in the Asian section of some large supermarkets and at Asian markets.