SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Green Beans with Toasted Nuts
The EatingWell Diabetes Cookbook (2005)
Toasted nuts are a simple way to embellish green beans. If you have hazelnut or walnut oil on hand, use it in place of the olive oil to enhance the nutty flavor.
Active Time: 20 minutes |
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound green beans, stem ends trimmed
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped peeled hazelnuts, or walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Cook beans in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over low heat. Add nuts and cook, stirring, until golden, about 1 minute. Return the reserved beans to the pot and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
Per serving :
5 g Fat;
1 g Sat;
3 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
9 g Carbohydrates;
3 g Protein;
4 g Fiber;
152 mg Sodium;
261 mg Potassium
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat (mono)