SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Black-Eyed Pea Dip
The EatingWell Diabetes Cookbook (2005)
Need a little incentive to eat more vegetables? Keep this easy, healthful dip on hand—who knew that raw vegetables could be so addictive?
About 1 1/4 cups
Active Time: 10 minutes |
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 15-ounce can black-eyed peas, rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place peas, parsley, lemon juice, oil, garlic, tarragon, salt and pepper in a food processor; process until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl.
Per tablespoon :
1 g Fat;
0 g Sat;
1 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
3 g Carbohydrates;
1 g Protein;
1 g Fiber;
70 mg Sodium;
8 mg Potassium
Exchanges: Free food
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.