SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
EatingWell for a Healthy Heart Cookbook (2008),
The EatingWell Diet (2007)
Broiling fruit brings out its inherent sweetness. A squeeze of tart lime juice balances it out. Try this technique with pineapple as well.
Active Time: 10 minutes |
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced (see Tip)
- Lime wedges
- Position rack in upper third of oven and preheat broiler. Line a broiler pan with foil.
- Arrange mango slices in a single layer in the prepared pan. Broil until browned in spots, 8 to 10 minutes. Squeeze lime wedges over the broiled mango and serve.
Per serving :
0 g Fat;
0 g Sat;
0 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
18 g Carbohydrates;
1 g Protein;
2 g Fiber;
2 mg Sodium;
167 mg Potassium
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 fruit
Tips & Notes
Tip: Cutting a Mango:
1. Slice both ends off the mango, revealing the long, slender seed inside. Set the fruit upright on a work surface and remove the skin with a sharp knife.
2. With the seed perpendicular to you, slice the fruit from both sides of the seed, yielding two large pieces.
3. Turn the seed parallel to you and slice the two smaller pieces of fruit from each side.
4. Cut the fruit into the desired shape.