SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Asparagus with Fresh Tomato Garnish
The EatingWell Diet (2007),
The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook (2006)
This quick raw “tomato sauce” makes a beautiful, elegant topping for asparagus spears. This is a great dish for entertaining because it will be just as delicious warm or room temperature.
Active Time: 15 minutes |
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound asparagus, steamed
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Put asparagus in a steamer basket, place in the pan, cover and steam until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, shallot, oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Serve the asparagus topped with the tomato garnish.
Per serving :
4 g Fat;
1 g Sat;
3 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
5 g Carbohydrates;
2 g Protein;
2 g Fiber;
85 mg Sodium;
274 mg Potassium
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat