SPECIAL OFFER - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
Sweet & Tangy Watermelon Salad
The Essential EatingWell Cookbook (2004)
Looks like tomato—surprise, it's watermelon.
6 servings, about 2/3 cup each
Active Time: 10 minutes |
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups diced seeded watermelon
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup unsalted dry-roasted peanuts, toasted (see Tip) and coarsely chopped
- Stir together vinegar and sugar in a medium bowl until the sugar almost dissolves. Add watermelon, cucumber and cilantro; toss gently to combine. Just before serving, sprinkle with peanuts.
Per serving :
3 g Fat;
0 g Sat;
2 g Mono;
0 mg Cholesterol;
8 g Carbohydrates;
2 g Protein;
1 g Fiber;
3 mg Sodium;
164 mg Potassium
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Tips & Notes
Tip: To toast nuts:
Heat a small dry skillet over medium-low heat. Add nuts and cook, stirring, until lightly browned and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool.